Monday, January 18, 2010

Finding Serenity...in New Hampshire

Current read: Daniel's Bride, by Linda Lael Miller.
Just finished: The Vampire Diaries/The Struggle, by L.J. Smith, A

Here I am at Serenity Falls at Castle of the Clouds, eccentric bazillionaire Thomas Plant's summer estate built around 1914 above Lake Winnepasaukee on an ancient volcanic caldera. You get a 270 degree view of lake and mountains.

Not long after our dream trip to New England in 2007, I needed all the serenity I could get. Two years ago this very day my hubby's battle against testicular cancer began.

I still get shivers.

I often used pictures and memories from those lovely days on the East Coast to ease my mind during his harrowing ordeal.

Praise to our dear and generous Lord. My sweetheart is 21 months cancer free!

No comments: