Saturday, June 13, 2009
Tanya Writes About the Cowboy's Ten Commandments
In honor of Cowboy Month at the Wild Rose Press...and June 29's "Stop and Smell the Roses" Day featuring a cyber-bouquet authors' blogspots, I thought I'd fill the ole' blog up for the next few days with cowboy lore, trivia, lists, favorites, and cute stuff.
Here ya go: a Western riff on Exodus.
Cowboy Ten Commandments
1. Just one God.
2. Honor yer ma & pa.
3. No tellin' tales or gossipin.'
4. Get yerself to Sunday meetin.'
5. Put nothin' before God.
6. No foolin' around with another fella's gal.
7. No killin.'
8. Watch yer mouth. Hold off on cussin.'
9. Don't take what ain't yers.
10. Don't be hankerin' for yer buddy's stuff.
Heck, seems like a darn good code for anybody to live by. (I know, I know. Technically heck and darn are cussin.) For all his rough edges, Brixton Haynes, the hero of Marrying Minda is a downright good guy, through and through. These rules are ones he lives by.