Monday, May 5, 2008

Tanya Writes About Crackerjack

Oh, on Saturday, my hero took me out to the ballgame...and bought me crackerjack and a frozen chocolate malt.

And we won!

Sitting in the sun, surrounded by happy families (tons of little kids; it was Helmet Day) reminded yet me again of the blessedness that has come upon us with remission. His health returns markedly each and every day--along with his appetite. It was only days ago that he slept and slept, and slept and slept.

Thank you, Jesus! The ugly thing is gone.

I wandered to the souvenir shop to buy a new team hat for our little grandson. He outgrew last summer's "baby" size and now needs the toddler one. Oh, and I couldn't resist a blow-up bat. That way if he bashes something, it won't break LOL. My hero had a hot-dog and slathered on the sunscreen. It's been so long since he spent any time in the sun.

Afterward, we spent the night at Roberta and Tim's and my MIL took us all out to a yummy steakhouse. This morning, we had breakfast (cinnamon-roll french toast) at a lakeside restaurant. And my hero ate all three slices!

The days of a mouth so sore he couldn't chew or swallow anything seem nightmarish, and we've woken up.

I will never be able to forget all the out-of-body experiences of those horrific three months, how it had to be happening to someone else, but it really was us after all. But the warm spring sunshine wraps us in a coziness that helps ease the nightmare and reminds us of the faith and love in our lives.

In a couple of weeks, we'll be spending time in Lake Tahoe, one of the most beautiful spots on earth.

And all we're gonna do, says my hero, is rest and relax.

Hey, he deserves it.

2 comments:

Darlene Franklin said...

Hey, Tanya, Who's your team? The Rockies managed a win yesterday. I LOVE a day at the ballpark (although I haven't been for awhile).

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Tanya Hanson said...

Los Angeles Angels! Go Halos!..I'm a Coloradoan at heart...I did my student-teaching in Denver!

Your blog always uplifts me.