Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Christmas for Ransom...available November 5, 2010

Well, if you don't know what to get that special someone for Christmas, the perfect stocking stuffer will be available on November 5, 2010. I'm thrilled to announce the release date for the Lawmen and Outlaws Christmas Anthology, of which my novella Christmas for Ransom is a part.

The happy news arrived in my inbox during our recent vacation to Point Arena! The book will also be available in e-form for those of you with Kindles and iPads.

Mercy me, was I ever excited when the editors at The Wild Rose Press asked me to contribute to this holiday, even more excited to write the story during the last holiday season! Really got me in the mood.

Here's a teaser:

Outlaw "Canyon" Jack Ransom grows a conscience after thieving
horseflesh from a sweet old lady who reminds him too damn much of his own gram-maw.

The deathbed promises he made to her --to live a good life and
learn to read-- have come back haunt him.

Taking a holiday break from the outlaw gang that's been his family for a dozen years, he heads to Pleasure Stakes in West Texas, and hires Eliza Willows, a beautiful schoolmarm, to get himself some learnin'.

Turns out she's the old lady's granddaughter. Believing the handsome cowboy is a "tracker", Eliza hires him to find Granny's missing horses.

Ransom has to decide…
run away or run straight into her arms.

3 comments:

Helen Hardt said...

How exciting -- I can't wait to read it, Tanya!

Tanya Hanson said...

Thanks, Helen! I got a lot of inspiration from your Lawmen and Outlaws novella! oxoxox

Jennie Marsland said...

Sounds like a fun anthology, Tanya! How've you been?