Friday, March 19, 2010

Weekend Recipe: Chicken in Red Wine Sauce

Current read: Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter (Sound lame? It's pretty good.)

Since the posse and I recently went wine-tasting, I thought I'd share a chicken with red wine sauce this time. Mostly I see recipes with white wine for chicken. I haven't tried it...so let me know.

Prep Time: 10 Min
Cook Time: 45 Min
Ready In: 55 Min
Servings 12



Ingredients

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 tablespoon paprika
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup red wine
salt and pepper to taste


Directions


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook garlic in oil until tender. Place chicken in the skillet, and cook about 10 minutes on each side, until no longer pink and juices run clear.

Drain oil from skillet. Sprinkle chicken with paprika and 1 cup brown sugar. Pour red wine around chicken. Cover, and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes; lightly baste chicken with wine sauce while cooking. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

No comments: