Monday, July 28, 2008

Tanya Writes About Marrying Minda ~my new BOOK


Yee haw. For all of you who've visited my website www.tanyahanson.com to read the opening chapter of my contest-winning western historical romance, Marrying Minda, I'm delighted to say that she's found a publishing home: The Cactus Rose western historical line at The Wild Rose Press.

I just found out the exhiliarating news and am beyond giddy. This is a true story of the heart, situated in one of my favorite parts of the world --Northeastern Nebraska, set in a time period I particularly like (1870's), and featuring a whole slew of characters named for folks I love.

I'll be meeting the editor at the RWA Convention in San Francisco...I fly to the Bay Area on Wednesday. But back here at the homestead, I've got contracts to sign, cover-design to suggest, art facts, promo and biography to submit. My hero just took a new headshot. Then it's packing, trimming my rose bushes, and keeping my pup "Morley" comfy. She's got her ultrasound/biopsy on Friday. So even in my joy, I've got her in the back of my mind.

So...this will be my last post for a while, with all of the above going on. But my next post is well-worth waiting for. A real-life down home Texas cowboy who'd make the perfect paperback romance cover model!

No comments: